SAFETY WARNING: Your internet activity may be monitored by an abuser. Learn more...
Click the “LEAVE THIS SITE” button to be
immediately transferred to Google.com.
Under the supervision of the Shelter Coordinator this position provides security and support for domestic violence survivors and youth in an emergency shelter setting when coverage is needed. This position answers a 24/7 crisis line, which also allows for entrance and exit to a secure facility.
• Provides information & referral, advocacy, support and safety planning for residents in shelter and the public via the crisis line.
• Participates with other staff members and volunteers in providing a safe, respectful and clean atmosphere in the shelter.
• Collects participant’s general history including family information, abuse history, immediate and long term needs and goals.
• Addresses participant requests on a daily basis including provision of information & referrals, community advocacy, emotional support, basic immediate needs and safety planning.
• Maintains client records and data collection for federal, state, and other appropriate funding sources. Makes routine reports as assigned.
• Tours shelter regularly to ensure safety, checking locks, alarms, phones and other safety features.
• Uses checklists provided to monitor safety of the shelter during evening and overnight hours.
• Collaborates with team members to provide consistency for all residents of the Emergency Shelter.
• Supportive activities including but not limited to computer work (Microsoft Office), cleaning, laundry, restocking of supplies as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 years of work or volunteer advocacy experience in a related field
• Completed 40 Hour Domestic and Sexual Violence Basic Advocacy Training as provided locally or equivalent to be approved by the Director of Programs and Services
• Bi-lingual strongly preferred (English/any other language)
• Basic computer skills
• Available weekdays and week nights highly preferred
• Must be flexible to work on short notice for some shifts
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
This position will work in a traditional, but fast-paced office setting. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time working in front of a computer monitor. Must be able to work under deadlines and under stress inducing conditions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and stand, sit and walk throughout the building. Must be able to travel to meetings in the community. A Shelter environment can potentially shift from stable to highly charged and all employees must remain flexible at all times.
|Job Description||43.08 KB|